There are many options available for purchasing security and surveillance equipment.
You can purchase security doors and locks of various strengths. Retinal scanners or keypads are available.
There are numerous for-hire personal body guards, often hired for corporate employees traveling in the Mix. Shock Security is one such longstanding establishment. Other bodyguards post on the GRID for employment.
The following items can be placed as inputs to wiring hubs.
- security camera. Security cameras, with an electrician’s toolbelt, can be installed by any skilled individual, and in some cases have been used to start personal surveillance networks. A higher degree of skill is required to place security cameras and hide them. Security cameras relay sound and image to a designated wiring hub. Restrictions do exist: most corporations sweep for hidden cameras frequently and will remove the offensive camera from their premises immediately. Cameras cannot be mounted inside of vehicles.
- thermographic sensor. Thermographic sensors, with an electrician’s toolbelt, can be installed by any skilled individual. Thermographic sensors relay temperature information visually to a designated wiring hub.
- motion detector. Motion detectors, with an electrician’s toolbelt, can be installed by any skilled individual. Motion detectors relay the presence of movement to a designated wiring hub.
Wiring hubs can be set for output to the following items:
- security monitor
- cybernetic transcoder hub
The following items are designed for covert locator bugging, tracking, and detection. The beacons do not work inside the city due to SIC interference. The triangulation tool does not work in SIC dead-zones.
- SHI Tracker
- SHI Tracking Beacons
- SHI Debugger
- SIC triangulation tool
The following items from Shinohara Heavy Industries can be used to detect firearms, cybernetics, nanogenics, and security equipment.
- SHI SA47F security analyzer
- SHI FD3000 firearm detector
- SHI ND28X nanogenics detector
- SHI CD85T cybernetics detector