- himble 1m youtu.be/og243Dom4Sw
j Fengshui 9s http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M0DV5IQ <- My Book
- villa 50s
- wiebman 9s
- Baron17 10s
- Kuzco 4s http://i.imgur.com/TqfSKu8.gif
- NovaQuinn 2s
- HouseofWolves 0s
- Selly 24m
- quirksubdoll 28m
- Malanth 22m
- Vera 1m youtu.be/maAFcEU6atk
- crashdown 38m
- Hippo 1m
- Manywaters 7s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL1ByAIf8Ck
- Meoris 0s youtu.be/Vn5OMaPiX2M
- Malakai 11s
- waddlerafter 1s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZitWKRvTtU
- Sevencolor 1h
- SacredWest 49m
- 2Mobile 1h
- Glen 41s
- BCingyou 4s
- Trakel 9s
- SushiAllDay 1s
- RealHumanBean 2m Something?
- Jameson 15s making the eternal black firmament my side bitch
- Cyberpunker 11s
- FancyPenguin 2m
- whatislove00 44m youtu.be/PvLz5kCVIss
- JMo 8s You can't have a conscience in the pimp game.
- Luck 16s
- Ryuzaki4Days 7s Shoot your ace in the face.
- Baguette 1h ye boi
- Ostheim 53s
- Dawnshot 3h https://youtu.be/qg_7saEbnwE
- Dorn 2s youtu.be/7OUqUiZQxs4
- jsmith225 1h
j Johnny 3h New Code Written Nightly. Not a GM.
a Cerberus 33s Head Builder & GM when I need to
- Chrissl1983 3h working on my @history for too long...
- Azelle 1m
And 33 more hiding and/or disguised
Connect to Sindome @ moo.sindome.org:5555 or just Play Now

Critical, Specials and Fumbles

I was thinking about the post about a fumbles by Bias and got into a reserch on the old system made by Issaries for Rune Quest that is D100 based as I thought it would be easier to approach as a starting point to SD's system.

The way I found would require change to the objects to support a fumble and critical description tables.


The way to implement this is comparing the skills to a 0-100% chance.

A special check would be if the 'roll' is under 1/5th of your skill rate. rolling from 1-10% if you have 50% or are in the middle of the skill learning levels. It would lead into doing things you cant do with your actual skill level (Spot someone in a stealth cammo suit, sing a song in Japanese, lift a car from top of that baby and stuff...)

A critical check would be the doing of the impossible, kick thru the doors of the terra offices and sutch, but it would be 1/20th of you skill like a 1-2% if you have the same 50% from above.

Fumbles would work the inverse way criticals do. If you have a 25% skill, your chance to miss is 75% and that leads to a 4% chance of critical or a 96-100% roll. It would cause harm to the player, loss of a round of fight (stun), temporary penalty to all his/hers rolls.


In that way it will be balanced as people with highter ue expended into skills will have a greater margin of critical and specials. As the person that has little or no ue on a skill will be more likely to fumble (A terrible driver hit a tree).


If a Special occurs then it just happens as it normally does to someone that has the correct level of that skill. But on the Critical/Fumbles a small list of 5-10 descs and results could be randomly picked to give the sobranatural or catastrophical result of the rolls would be required for every item.

Or even yet a bigger and unique list of fumbles and another of critical could be used by pointing at a range of them. Like items 1-50 are combat fumbles and criticals, 51-55 Driving and etc...

a terrible driver can hit a tree... or at least the curb.. and roll over and make the horrible crashing sounds of metal echo through the streets and and... *cough* or at least stall the car... it APEARED that the faster you're going and the less skill you got the more likley it is to uhm... fumble a turn and bang into something or stall the car or simply roll it over...

right... so does driving currently work on that sort of aspect that xee just described? cause you could pass out from damage by simply ramming into things too often and hitting too many curbs. (or so the bumper cars  of last night showed?) not sure how this relates but i'm curious. :biggrin:

Just wondering, do those cars ever frickin' break.  There was more ramming than a demolition derby, yet the cars seemed perfectly fine.  Otherwise, I really like the vehicle system.  To bad my character is poor and doesn't know how to drive.

Actually, from the number of times I saw people trip and yelp when trying to hit me, I think fumbles are in.
Whether it has any effect other than the message? I know not.

Unfortunately, Xee, our system doesn't work that way, so you're whole idea is unappliable. And before anyone asks, we will not share with you the manner in which the system does work. You are here to RP and test, we don't ever intend to share the dynamics of how the system works or doesn't.

That being said, critical hits and misses are covered by the system already.

Whether they actually cause 'something' to happen yet or not is another story.