1. No shit posting or flame wars
2. No revealing IC information or referencing IC events
3. Use the site search at the top of the page to see if a topic has been posted previously before starting a new thread.
4. Keep your responses on topic. If a post inspires you to discuss something only tangentially related, create a new post.
5. Don't post bugs. Those can be submitted in game via the '@bug' command.
6. Do not post OOC contact information on the forums, this is a bannable offense (email, skype, etc)
7. No harassment, threats, trolling, hate speech, NSFW content, or insults.
Things We Consider Poor Form
1. Posting or advocating for ideas that will benefit only a select few in character IE: make the gun my character uses 10x better. The BGBB is about improving the game and the community as a whole.
2. 'I quit' threads. We are sorry to see you go, but that isn't what the forum is for.
3. Gripes against other players. If you have an OOC issue with someone else, xhelp and speak with a staff member or email [email protected]
4. Gripes against the admin. If you had a bad experience with an admin, email [email protected] to speak with a senior staff member.
5. Getting pissed off and insulting people
6. Being unhelpful in your responses
7. Frivolous or one word posts and +1'ing -- This isn't social media. Write a real response please. Otherwise you are just spamming.
8. Overposting, or off topic responses
Things To Remember
1. You do not need to respond to a post just because you don't like the topic or idea.
2. Not all ideas are going to be accepted and if you hate an idea you do not need to respond saying so.
3. If you shitpost you will be banned from the forums.
4. Tone is hard to decipher. Assume the people posting have best intentions.
5. Choose to be helpful instead of a detractor. Point people in the right direction if they are missing information or context that might change their mind-- as opposed to just telling them they are wrong.
Good Titles & Subtitles
Spend time thinking about your topic and don't phone it in. Write a GOOD title and subtitle that will give people an understanding of what your posts are about. Don't make people guess. Don't write click bait. Be specific, so that the topic can be reviewed by folks that are interested.
Title: Telling if GMs Are Busy
Subtitle: How to tell? Here are some commands...
Title: New Support GM Position!
Subtitle: A short-term (3 month) GM shift
Title: Civilization Dev: "Water Finds a Crack"
Subtitle: "Players will optimize the fun out of a game."
Title: Some General Automotive Ideas
Subtitle: Creating more cool automobiles megathread
Title: More illness for antibiotics
Subtitle: Something to make characters to RP more
Bad Titles & Subtitles
Use the optional subtitle to provide more context around your post. Don't write one word titles or leave context out of your title.
Subtitle: tell me i'm right
Subtitle: [no subtitle provided]
Subtitle: [no subtitle provided]
Where should I make my post?
Anything Really: An open forum, typically used for topics that do not fit in any other forum. Examples include:
1. Character Art
2. Non-Sindome Specific Discussions
3. Random Game Development and Game Related stuff that isn't Sindome specific
4. Personality Type discussions (MBTI, etc)
5. Character Soundtracks & Music Threads
6. General Announcements (Staff)
7. Character Soundtracks
Theme: This is a place to discuss the general theme of the IC world, from and Out of Character perspective. Examples include:
1. Cyberpunk Slang
2. Discussion of the new player experience & how we can welcome new players while still being gritty and cyberpunk
3. Discussion of Cyberpunk as relates to Sindome
4. Discussion of theme related changes
5. Discussion of where and how characters feature in the world
6. Discussion of the divide between the haves and the have-nots
Cyberpunk Culture: The place to talk about IRL cyberpunk literature, movies, technology, books, etc. Examples include:
1. New cyberpunk TV or movies or books
2. Cyberpunk Podcasts
3. Cyberpunk news
Hi-Tech: The place to talk about 21st century technology that is bordering on cyberpunk. Examples:
Connection Trouble: You are having trouble connecting to the game and want help. Examples:
1. Can't connect with a specific client
2. Webclient issues
Ideas: This is where you post ideas for how you believe the game could be improved. Examples:
1. Ideas for new features you think the game would benefit from (code, mechanics, systems)
2. Ideas for balancing (weapons, drugs, combat, etc)
3. Ideas for improvements (code, help files, disguises, etc)
Game Problems & Complaints: This is for more generalized discussion than the Ideas forum. Topics in this section may be issues you have seen with the game that you believe need to be discussed, even if you don't have an idea for an immediate solution. This is for more broad discussion than Ideas. Examples:
1. Discussion of how pickpocketing works as a mechanic
2. Discussion of how macros work and how they could be improved
3. Issues with combat or drugs or implementations of features that you think are causing issues
4. Balancing issues that should be discussed
Website Problems & Announcements: Discuss things that might be broken or need work on the website. This is also where updates to the website itself are posted. Examples:
1. Thoughts on how we could improve the website
2. Solicitations for advice on what we could add to the website
3. Poll ideas for the website
New Game Features & Bug Fixes: This is the staff post about new features. Typically, only staff are creating new posts here. Examples:
1. Rolling bug fixes threads
2. New builds and information on new features
3. Major feature updates or releases
Do NOT respond to this thread.