Been recoding some of the command help or 'autocomplete' thats built into the webclient. Here are some screenshots of the PROTOTYPE feature in action. What do you think?
Remember, this is not in the webclient quite yet.
|c||Butako||5m||Butakooooo the builder. Can she fix it? Eh.|
|-||Melpothalia||31m||That's Mrs. Broken Brain [Bottom Text] to you!|
|-||Mench||2m||I do Facebook and Website stuff.|
|-||MrJDucky2||16m||I'm actually a Duck in real life. Honest <3|
|-||Shanee5000||1m||Love as thou wilt.|
|-||Kisaki||16s||Don't Stop Music...|
|a||Cerberus||4h||Head Builder & GM when I need to|
|j||Johnny||16h||New Code Written Nightly. Not a GM.|
|And 23 more hiding and/or disguised|
I use a MUD client that auto-completes commands I've used in the past and I have to say, it saves me tons of time when trying to do the more tedious commands (Such as entering the code for my apartment). I do often find myself forgetting certain commands so for the webclient users this could be pretty useful to them.
The first release of Command Hints 2.0 is now up in the webclient for players.
This has a dump of the hard work you and your fellow players have been contributing in our crowd sourcing effort to build the command hints database. We're far from done, but there's some 75+ commands already covered. Right now this is a dump, but at some point in the future, it'll be a much more dynamic process where once a day or so, we update the autocomplete in the webclient based on your contributions.
If you know what you're talking about and want to contribute too, XHELP to get the Command Hints Management feature added.
Some of you are experiencing some negative performance with this feature. Please discuss the issue, as your insight will help me troubleshoot the problem and get to the bottom of it. If you need to disable it, you can turn it off via client options after logging into the webclient, BUT before you connect as your character.
If you connect manually, here's a handy url to disable the feature:
Other url magic (always include game=sd):
&su=true - shorten urls [true
'ea' is an incredibly common 2 character combination that is matched all over the place:
search search the current room for hidden exits, objects and people
addressing shows who in the room you are speaking to
speaking shows who can hear you, your language and @voice
@rules lists the rules of Sindome Required reading for new players.
health displays your current condition
@holdback <0-60> reduce stats by specified percent, 0 to clear Read help holdback.
/flaccid deactivates the laser sight Requires Studdly cyberware.
resist attempt to break out of a grapple Must be grappled.
/extend readies installed Nailz for combat Requires Nailz cyberware.
/retract deactivate installed Nailz Requires Nailz cyberware
@tp me is clear your temp place
@wisdom me is clear your Wit or Wisdom in @who
@wow me is clear your Wit or Wisdom in @who
@lp me is clear your look place
@sp me is clear your sleep place
@request-puppet put in a request for a GM to puppet an npc Read help @request-puppet
@title me is clear your title
I am considering making the thing only start responding after 3 characters are typed, not two, now that whats available to match is so much more.
Starting yesterday, the lag increased drastically. Clearing the buffers helped for maybe an hour. Typing something simple such as look room and hitting return would give the result of the screen stopping at lo and about five seconds later, I would get the result. Trying to pose and speak was as bad. Movement was ok as long as it was single letter directions. Trying to compose a go command for multiple rooms gave the save problem. I could stop before hitting enter and it would show me the command after the lag passed, then hit enter.
Ok, The webclient is now running on the old jquery-ui 1.8 code instead of the newer 1.12 version. I upgraded our version initially because it documented a new function I could override to do the behavior I wanted. After further digging, I determined I could hack the 1.8 version to suit our needs. It's not as accessible, but it shouldn't be nearly as much of a performance problem because significantly less is going on under the hood -- I was already hobbling the accessibility in order to curtail worse performance problems, so I don't consider this a big loss.
This let me take a stab at another problem the feature was having: too many results.
Some of you have found that the results could be overwhelming, filling your whole screen. Well, now the search is a little smarter. When you type the first two characters, instead of matching everything, it will only show you commands that start with those characters. Once you type a 3rd character, it'll search everything. I think you'll like this behavior a lot better.
You can turn the webclient feature back on if you've disabled it with the command @client-option cs true