It is I, Slither. I've just finished up some code that allows NPCs to deliver crates. The NPCs that do this are your typical 'tourist' and 'corpie' NPCs that you see milling about on Red and Gold. These NPCs have lives and need money! Now they will sometimes go off and seek a crate delivery job. This happens for Red and Gold. Not dealing with crate runs to Green. Sowwy, that's tough to script. This has several benefits:
1. They will be paid for the delivery and thereby have some small amount of chyen on them which you can steal.
2. You can steal their crates and if you happen to know a guy, maybe that guy buys the crates. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you'll have to find out about it in game.
We now have a fair amount of ambient activities that NPCs can engage in:
1. Gang fights
2. Backup for ganger NPCs that get jumped
3. Healing ganger NPCs that request aide
4. Jumping off a skywalk when they get fired
5. Going to hangout at a bar and order a drink
6. Tagging rivals turf